11 Day Food & Wines of Piedmont, Liguria & Veneto with Cinque Terre
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2020 Dates & Prices|
Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
Apr 2 departure may be accommodated at the Grand Hotel Dino in Baveno instead of Stresa.
Some departures may stay at the Grand Hotel Dino in Baveno instead of the Grand Hotel Bristol in Stresa.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights Sydney-Milan, Venice-Sydney
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 9 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Stresa
- 2 nights Turin
- 2 nights Santa Margherita Ligure
- 1 night Parma
- 2 nights Treviso Area
- Italian city hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 17 meals: 9 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 3 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Coffee and tea with all meals
- Wine is included with lunches and dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination & visit places that other tours miss
- Savor a lakeside lunch on Isola dei Pescatori, or Fishermen’s Island, on lovely Lake Maggiore
- In the Piedmont region, travel through rice plantations and taste local dishes
- Explore Turin and discover many famous sights of the House of Savoy, Italy's royal family
- Take a guided tour of the wine cellars followed by tastings in the famous Piedmont region
- Stay in Santa Margherita Ligure and spend free time in picturesque Portofino
- Marvel at the cliffside villages of Cinque Terre, “five towns” that seem suspended over the Ligurian Sea
- Taste authentic Balsamic Vinegar in a family-run estate
- Participate in a guided city tour of Parma
- Take a walking tour of historic Bologna, while tasting world-famous products of Emilia Romagna, including Prosciutto & Parmesan cheese
- Enjoy a Prosecco tasting in its land of origin
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight datesNote: Gratuities for tour manager and coach driver are included.
Is This Trip Right for You?
This program is active. Walking is done over cobbled streets, uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. Expect most of the sightseeing to require three to four hours of walking as well as a considerable time standing. Many historical cities have specific driving regulations, with set drop off and pick up points, that result in extra walking to and from the sights. The pacing is active as many sites are included. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
"More of the World for Less!"
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
03 6251 3555
Gate 1 Travel Australia itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is nestled in a garden and overlooks the beautiful Lake Maggiore.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated in the city center of Turin, nearby the Porta Nuova railway station.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the heart of the Italian Riviera.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the heart of Parma beside the beautiful Parco Ducale.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
This trip was fantastic, and far exceeded my expectations! Absolutely loved our tour guide Francesco, and local guides were topnotch. Great accommodations, too. Will definitely recommend this trip to others.Pamela R. Nashville, TN
Our trip was amazing!!! Giorgio was a fantastic tour guide and took great pains to ensure that everyone was happy ensuring all desires, no matter how big or small, were met. The hotel accommodations we excellent and the meals provided were very appetizing. The tours and tour guides were excellent and very knowledgeable of their area. They answered questions and explained everything clearly. I would not hesitate to recommend Gate 1 tours to anyone. It was a wonderful trip.Rita V. Ithaca, NY
Oh my goodness, we truly enjoyed this trip. So nice to see places we've never been to. Our tour Manager Myriam was the best tour manager yet, and we don't say this lightly - we've been on 11 Gate 1 tours! She was engaging, fun, knowledgeable and really kept the trip interactive. We'd love to do another tour with her any time! The hotels and food were fabulous, especially Grand Hotel Miramare. Our bus driver Roberto was excellent. We honestly could offer no criticism. We're looking forward to our next Gate 1 trip!Michael C. Ellington, CT
We had a WONDERFUL trip...We were very pleased with the chance to sample local cuisine and wine. We enjoyed the smaller villages and feeling more immersed in the Italian culture. The weather was perfect, seeing the Alps every day was a real treat. Riccardo's choices of where to eat, to sample wines of the region, or try a local food specialty, was very much appreciated. We will continue to explore Gate 1 small group experiences if it continues to follow this model.Glen B. Eugene, OR
Enjoyed our trip, Georgio was an excellent tour director & organized our stay & tours well. He informed us of our schedules in a timely manner. The itinerary was great with diverse activities including tours of churches, palaces, winery & cooking session which we perfect. Liked the small group. All tour guides were passionate, knowledgable about their area & made it interesting. Walking tours gave us a good experience in towns.Rekha G. Uppr Marlboro, MD