12 Day Natural Wonders of Bolivia & Chile
Air & Land
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include flights La Paz-Uyuni & Calama-Santiago.
Passport information must be submitted to Gate 1 Travel at least 120 days prior to departure.
Please note that proof of yellow fever vaccine is recommended, but not required to enter Bolivia
Triples at the Atix Hotel in La Paz will be accommodated in a twin and single room.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights Sydney-La Paz, Santiago-Sydney
Some departure dates may be offered from an alternate nearby airport. Check flight itinerary options when booking.
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: La Paz-Uyuni & Calama-Santiago
- 10 nights accommodations
- 3 nights La Paz
- 2 nights Colchani
- 3 nights Atacama
- 2 nights Santiago
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 23 meals: 11 breakfasts, 6 lunches & 6 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Tour La Paz and Valle de la Luna with its unusual moon-like terrain
- Sail by catamaran on Lake Titicaca to the mythical Isla del Sol, birthplace of the Inca Empire
- At Solar de Uyuni, marvel at the world's largest salt flat - a surreal landscape!
- Discover Isla Incahuasi, an island covered by thousands of giant cacti that measure up to 26 feet high
- Visit Pukara de Quitor and Tulor archaeological sites in Chile's Atacama Desert
- Admire the deep blue Miscanti and Meñique lagoons, surrounded by salt and towering volcanoes
- At the astounding Atacama Salt Flats encounter colorful species of flamingoes
- Tour the geothermal El Tatio geyser field, the largest in the Southern Hemisphere
- Embark on a city tour of Santiago, the energetic capital of Chile
- Journey to the picturesque port city of Valparaiso, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit pristine Vina del Mar, the “Garden City” with its pretty parks and flower lined streets
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight datesNote: Gratuities for tour manager and coach driver are included.
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day, and we spend four to five hours on our feet during tours. The pace is moderate. Two days require long bus rides, in order to cover the territory. Some of our tours require walking over uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes. The elevation, of 12,000 feet in La Paz & Colchani, along with 14,000 feet of the El Tatio geyser field, may be a consideration for those who have heart conditions, or are otherwise affected by altitude, and is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. Some hotels in Colchani and Atacama are built in the traditional local style and have no air-conditioning. During heat waves, these hotels can become uncomfortable, even at higher elevations. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
"More of the World for Less!"
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
1300 653 618
Your Uyuni Salt Flats itinerary on days 5 & 6, may vary according to weather conditions and safety issues.
Gate 1 Travel Australia itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This superior first class hotel is situated in the exclusive Calacoto neighborhood of La Paz.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel overlooks the famous Uyuni Salt Flats.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is set on the edge of the town of San Pedro de Atacama.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class hotel is located in the town of San Pedro de Atacama.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
The trip was wonderful and far exceeded all expectations! Silvia, our tour coordinator, was outstanding. She was attentive to the smallest detail and very knowledgeable of the area. We never saw her without a smile. Accommodations were wonderful and the meals consistently excellent. While all of our guides were exceptional, our guide at Terre del Paine, Chris, was outstanding. He conveyed his love of Patagonia with his hikes and gave us an even deeper appreciation of the area. The staff and crew of the Stella created a once in a lifetime experience. Thank you Gate 1. We look forward to taking another Discovery tour.Tom S. Fernandina Beach, FL
Our trip to Patagonia with Discovery was awesome! Each and every day was wonderful, and exciting, while experiencing the most mind-blowing natural beauty of the world. Our tour guide Gabriel is the best guide I have ever had on Gate 1 or any other group tour. Gabriel was in control, professional, courteous, helpful, entertaining, informative, kind, all with the upmost concern for group safety at all times. The Patagonia Discovery trip is unique and very special!Mary A. Edgewater, NJ
My trip to Patagonia was absolutely remarkable. Nature of Patagonia, its clean air, the ever changing weather - we experienced all of it. I learned a lot about glaciers, history of the region, and saw amazing places that I captured in thousand pictures that will take more time to go through, as every image brings me back. The cruise to go to Cape Horn was wonderful. Going through the glacier alley was one of the main highlights for me. One special thanks to Noe, the tour manager for the trip and Buenos Aires guide, - she was outstanding. Her work behind the scene and enthusiasm and knowledge made a huge positive difference for us, and I was able to completely relax and enjoy the trip, while logistics and unexpected situations were seamlessly taken care by her. Our group had tons of fun. I am glad to return home with pictures, memories, and meeting new friends.Zoya V. Charlotte, NC
The trip was absolutely terrific. Albano Girabaldi the tour manager was fantastic as were the local guides in each location especially Enrique in Chile. Albano was warm, knowledgeable, competent has a sense of humor and helped facilitate group dynamics. The itinerary was perfect with the right amount of time in each location. Hotels were excellent and we were very impressed with the Stella Aurelis expedition ship. One thing that in particular worked well which was really by chance was the group mix, all very different but everyone got along well and mixed together. The group blended very well. In addition the weather cooperated and we got to see Torres Del Paine and land on Cape Horn. It was a very successful trip and there really wasn't anything we would change.Arlene B. New York, NY
Our trip was wonderful, Gate 1 really does a fantastic job on picking their tour guides, how they lay out their trips, where they go and what is included. Another wonderful tour with your company and Patagonia was just beautiful, never experienced before such forceful winds of Mother Nature, beautiful landscape!Lillian C. Parson, BC, CA