14 Day Majestic Balkans
Air & Land
|Grand Hotel Continental||Bucharest|
|JW Marriott Bucharest Grand||Bucharest|
|Park Hotel Sankt Peterburg||Plovdiv|
|Ramada Plovdiv Trimontium||Plovdiv|
|Skopje Marriott Hotel||Skopje|
|Hotel Unique Resort & Spa||Ohrid|
|Hotel Boutique Kotoni||Tirana|
Click a Date to Book OnlineHow to calculate single or triple prices
Click a Date to Book Online How to calculate single or triple prices
|2019 Dates & Prices|
||$4819||Call For Air|
||$4819||Call For Air|
Prices do not include optional tours. Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights Sydney-Bucharest, Tirana-Sydney
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 12 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Bucharest
- 1 night Plovdiv
- 2 nights Sofia
- 2 nights Skopje
- 2 nights Ohrid
- 2 nights Tirana
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 26 meals: 12 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 11 dinners (including Welcome & Farewell dinners)
- Coffee and tea with all meals
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Enjoy an extended visit to romantic Peles Castle, former summer residence of Romania's first royal family
- Visit the Patriarchal church of Bucharest, considered one of the most beautiful cathedrals of Romania
- Special dinner with a guest lecturer who enlightens you on Romania's turbulent history
- At a beautiful 17th century Bulgarian church, a magical performance by an esteemed local choir
- Walk along the cobbled streets of Plovdiv, Europe's oldest city
- Enjoy a Bulgarian Folklore Show, coupled with a traditional dinner and a choice of wine
- Ascend to the 10th century Rila Monastery, proclaimed a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore the historic streets of Skopje’s Old Town, stopping at the House of Mother Teresa
- Wine tasting and vineyard tour in Stobi, a city in the Republic of North Macedonia at the crossroads of civilization
- Discover lively Tirana, the beating heart of Albania, with its vibrant café culture and funky art
- Visit Kruje, where the hero Skanderbeg defended Albania from the Ottomans
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight datesNote: Gratuities for tour manager and coach driver are included.
Is This Trip Right for You?
This moderately active trip covers a lot of ground most days. Expect up to three to four hours walking every touring day, where you could encounter some uneven surfaces, cobbled streets, stairs, and steep slopes. Some hiking may be required to access some sites. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
"More of the World for Less!"
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
1300 653 618
Gate 1 Travel Australia itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is situated in the business centre of Plovdiv.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is located in midtown Sofia.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is located right in the heart of Sofia, overlooking the City Garden.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Our trip was amazing! Monique was an excellent tour manager and I would absolutely recommend her and want to experience other itineraries with her. Our driver, Remo, went above and beyond expectations, ensuring we arrived timely and safely at our destinations. The two of them made this trip an unforgettable experience and Monique truly brought our small group together into an impromptu family.Selena W. Princeton, NJ
The tour was GREAT, and made even more enjoyable because of the skill and local knowledge of our Tour Manager, Beatrice, and skillful careful driver Barnard. We have had a great time, saw incredible sights, stayed in wonderful hotels, and had one of the most enjoyable tours ever.Charles M. Denver, CO
The Majestic Balkans trip was terrific. Our tour leader Georgi was extremely knowledgeable about all 4 countries visited. The accommodations were excellent ... The dining experiences were also terrific. I thoroughly enjoyed this trip and I will not hesitate to take another Discovery tour with Gate 1. Turkish Air was also excellent.Charlotte E. Dennis Port, MA
Oh my this trip was so great. One of our best ever Gate 1 trips! The itinerary was perfect. Perfect pace, not rushed in any of the stops. Perfect amount of time on our own to explore. The food was so amazing! This trip made me want to go back to each of these four countries to explore more. Albania was a special treat because I had no idea of what to expect ... Our Tour Manager, Ana was exceptional. She was knowledgeable, helpful and just fun to be around. I would highly recommend this tour! Thanks again Gate 1 for keeping travel affordable and allowing us to see so much of the world.Kimberly L. Fulton, MD
It was fantastic. Both drivers Peter and Leonard were super. Bus was always clean. Windows always clean. And then there’s Ana. One of best guides we’ve had. Always smiling. Never flustered. Humour galore. Great travel mates. Rate the trip as a 10+. Hang on to Ana. She was superSusan M. St. Peters, NS, CA
The trip was excellent. Dino our guide was great, well informed and made us understand what happened in those countries since he lived through those turbulent times.Jim P. Cedarburg, WI
The trip was wonderful and 100% satisfied especially our tour manager Nicola. He is an excellent tour manager. I learned a lot of information and history on all the countries we visited.Honorio J. S Plainfield, NJ
Our trip to the Balkans was wonderful! Nikola was an amazing tour coordinator that helped make the trip a perfect one. Once more, amazing memories Gate 1 helped make!Lydia C. Dallas, TX