12 Day Swiss Alpine Jewels
Air & Land
|Swiss Alpine Jewels|
|Hotel de la Paix Lausanne||Lausanne|
|Hotel Ambassador Zermatt||Zermatt|
|Hotel De La Paix||Lugano|
|Grand Hotel Bristol||Stresa|
|Crystal Hotel||St. Moritz|
|Hotel Laudinella||St. Moritz|
|Hotel Royal St. Georges Interlaken MGallery by Sofitel||Interlaken|
|Sunstar Alpine Hotel Wengen||Wengen|
|Hotel Wengener Hof||Wengen|
|Grand Europe Hotel||Lucerne|
|The Hotel Lucerne, Autograph Collection||Lucerne|
|Hotel Monopol Luzern||Lucerne|
|Hotel Wilden Mann Lucerne||Lucerne|
Click a Date to Book OnlineHow to calculate single or triple prices
Click a Date to Book Online How to calculate single or triple prices
|2019 Dates & Prices|
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Apr 20 & Apr 27 departures will overnight in Interlaken instead of Wengen.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights Sydney-Geneva, Zurich-Sydney
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 10 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Lausanne
- 2 nights Zermatt
- 1 night Lugano
- 1 night St. Moritz
- 2 nights Wengen or Interlaken
- 2 nights Lucerne
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 17 meals: 10 buffet breakfasts, 1 lunch, 6 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Coffee and tea with all meals
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Tour Broc’s Maison Cailler factory with its irresistible scent of freshly-made chocolates
- In the small medieval village of Gruyeres enjoy a lunch of bubbling cheese fondue
- Visit 13th century Chillon Castle with its unending maze of courtyards and halls filled with priceless art
- Leisure time in the glitzy mountain resort of Zermatt dominated by the mythical Matterhorn
- Travel on Europe’s highest open-air cogwheel railway surrounded by wondrous picture-postcard views
- Journey across the iconic Simplon Pass with its staggering vistas of the Swiss and Italian Alps
- In Lugano, a private cruise on the pristine lake coupled with a traditional Swiss-Italian dinner
- From chic St. Moritz, a carriage ride into the enchanting Roseq Valley known for its rich flora and fauna
- Travel on the astonishing Glacier Express, one of the world’s most spectacular train rides
- Stand before roaring Staubbach Waterfalls in the Lauterbrunnen Valley, a nature-lovers paradise
- In Brienz, view the village's 18th-century wooden chalets, sculptures and unique Woodcarving Museum
- Visit the giant Sonnenberg Bunker and its subterranean building with medical and control offices
- Visit Lucerne’s inspirational Lion Monument, covered Chapel Bridge and Spreuer Bridge
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight datesNote: Gratuities for tour manager and coach driver are included.
Is This Trip Right for You?
This moderately active trip covers a fair amount of ground each day. Expect from three to four hours walking every touring day. The pace is moderate, however you will encounter some uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. Some hotels in Lucerne, Zermatt, and St. Moritz are built in the traditional local style and have no air-conditioning. During heat waves, these hotels can become uncomfortable, even at higher elevations. Please be aware that Switzerland is an expensive destination. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
"More of the World for Less!"
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
1300 653 618
Gate 1 Travel Australia itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is situated in the heart of Lausanne.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is comfortably nestled in the center of Zermatt.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is a short walk from the Zermatt railway station.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located a short walk away from Lake Lugano.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is nestled in a garden and overlooks the beautiful Lake Maggiore.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is set in the picturesque town of St. Moritz.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated in the town of Interlaken.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the village of Wengen.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the centre of the village of Wengen.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the car-free village of Wengen.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is a short walk away from the Lucerne railway station.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated in a prestigious location just 10 minutes away from the city center.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is located in the heart of Lucerne.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Our trip was amazing! Monique was an excellent tour manager and I would absolutely recommend her and want to experience other itineraries with her. Our driver, Remo, went above and beyond expectations, ensuring we arrived timely and safely at our destinations. The two of them made this trip an unforgettable experience and Monique truly brought our small group together into an impromptu family.Selena W. Princeton, NJ
The tour was GREAT, and made even more enjoyable because of the skill and local knowledge of our Tour Manager, Beatrice, and skillful careful driver Barnard. We have had a great time, saw incredible sights, stayed in wonderful hotels, and had one of the most enjoyable tours ever.Charles M. Denver, CO
The Majestic Balkans trip was terrific. Our tour leader Georgi was extremely knowledgeable about all 4 countries visited. The accommodations were excellent ... The dining experiences were also terrific. I thoroughly enjoyed this trip and I will not hesitate to take another Discovery tour with Gate 1. Turkish Air was also excellent.Charlotte E. Dennis Port, MA
Oh my this trip was so great. One of our best ever Gate 1 trips! The itinerary was perfect. Perfect pace, not rushed in any of the stops. Perfect amount of time on our own to explore. The food was so amazing! This trip made me want to go back to each of these four countries to explore more. Albania was a special treat because I had no idea of what to expect ... Our Tour Manager, Ana was exceptional. She was knowledgeable, helpful and just fun to be around. I would highly recommend this tour! Thanks again Gate 1 for keeping travel affordable and allowing us to see so much of the world.Kimberly L. Fulton, MD
It was fantastic. Both drivers Peter and Leonard were super. Bus was always clean. Windows always clean. And then there’s Ana. One of best guides we’ve had. Always smiling. Never flustered. Humour galore. Great travel mates. Rate the trip as a 10+. Hang on to Ana. She was superSusan M. St. Peters, NS, CA
The trip was excellent. Dino our guide was great, well informed and made us understand what happened in those countries since he lived through those turbulent times.Jim P. Cedarburg, WI