12 Day Heart of Central Europe: Slovakia & Czech Republic
Air & Land
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights Sydney-Vienna, Prague-Sydney
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 10 nights accommodations
- 2 nights Bratislava
- 1 night Banska Stiavnica
- 2 nights Strbske Pleso
- 1 night Bojnice
- 2 nights Brno
- 2 nights Prague
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 19 meals: 10 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 7 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- A walking tour of Bratislava's historic Old Town with its winding lanes and medieval courtyards
- Explore the striking medieval town of Banska Stiavnica, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit Banska Bystrica, a copper mining town, nestled in the Low Tatras Mountain range
- Ride a cable car to the second highest point in Slovakia - Lomnicky Peak, at an altitude of 8641 ft
- Marvel at the tallest wooden altar in the world, housed in the Basilica of St. James in Levoca
- Tour fairy-tale Bojnice Castle, one of the most romantic castles in Central Europe
- Discover the history, modern architecture and culture, during your city tour of Brno
- Explore the sprawling Punkva Caves, one of the best-known of the Moravian Karst
- Visit Porta Coeli Convent, a unique Cistercian convent from the 13th century
- Tour the capital of the Czech Republic, Prague - "The City of a Thousand Spires"
- Pay homage to the victims of the Holocaust during your visit of Terezin Concentration Camp
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight datesNote: Gratuities for tour manager and coach driver are included.
Is This Trip Right for You?
This moderately active trip covers a fair amount of ground each day. Expect from three to four hours walking every touring day. The pace is moderate, however you will encounter some uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
"More of the World for Less!"
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
1300 653 618
Gate 1 Travel Australia itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is set in an ideal location on Hviezdoslav Square.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located in the historic center of the town of Banska Stiavnica.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated on the bank of Strbske Pleso Lake.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the heart of Stary Smokovec.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class hotel is located in the town of Bojnice.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is set in the heart of Brno.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
It was fantastic. Both drivers Peter and Leonard were super. Bus was always clean. Windows always clean. And then there’s Ana. One of best guides we’ve had. Always smiling. Never flustered. Humour galore. Great travel mates. Rate the trip as a 10+. Hang on to Ana. She was superSusan M. St. Peters, NS, CA
The trip was excellent. Dino our guide was great, well informed and made us understand what happened in those countries since he lived through those turbulent times.Jim P. Cedarburg, WI