13 Day Namibia, Naturally
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book OnlineHow to calculate single or triple prices
Click a Date to Book Online How to calculate single or triple prices
|2019 Dates & Prices|
Passengers should select international flights from Johannesburg that depart no earlier than 7:00 pm on Day 13. The flight from Windhoek arrives to Johannesburg at approximately 4 pm. Passengers with late evening flights will have a long layover in Johannesburg airport.
Triple rooms are not available for this package.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip flights Sydney-Johannesburg, Johannesburg-Sydney
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Johannesburg-Windhoek & Windhoek-Johannesburg
- 11 nights First Class accommodations
- 1 night Johannesburg
- 2 nights Sossusvlei
- 2 nights Swakopmund
- 2 nights Damaraland
- 1 night Etosha National Park (West)
- 2 nights Etosha National Park (East)
- 1 night Windhoek
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- Desert excursions and game drives in modern 4X4 vehicles
- 28 meals: 11 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 10 dinners (including Welcome and Farewell dinners)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of local guide in Johannesburg (Day 2)
- Services of English-speaking tour manager (Day 3-13)
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- National Park Fees
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Your Sossusvlei adventure is marked by towering dunes, surreal landscapes and dazzling colors
- Rise before dawn to visit the Sesriem Canyon, carved into the rock by the mighty Tsauchab River
- Travel through a dunes corridor to Deadvlei, a "dead" marsh that sits eerily in a forest frozen in time
- Drive to Swakopmund on the Atlantic, known as the adventure sports capital of Namibia
- Catamaran cruise on Walvis Bay, a wetland area at the Southern end of the Skeleton Coast
- Ride in a 4x4 through desert dunes in a barren landscape populated by geckos and chameleons
- Zoom through the "singing" dunes traveling from the eastern side through to the Atlantic on the west
- A scenic drive takes you to Damaraland, one of the most dramatic and picturesque areas in Namibia
- Discover the world-famous rock engravings at the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Twyfelfontein
- Visit a Himba tribe dwelling and learn first-hand about their history, culture and unique traditions
- Spend three days exploring Etosha National Park, one of the most important wildlife sanctuaries in Africa
- Meet with staff at the AfriCat Foundation dedicated to conservation of Namibia’s large carnivores
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight datesNote: Gratuities for tour manager and coach driver are included.
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day, and we spend a fair amount of time driving over gravel roads that are rough and bumpy. We have many early wake-ups, and long bus rides are necessary to cover the territory. Game and dune drives will be performed in small 4x4 vehicles that cannot be air conditioned. These vehicles have high ground clearance and require agility to embark and disembark. Only "bush toilets" are available during game drives. Electricity for some properties is provided by generator and may not be available 24 hours a day. Accommodations may require walking outside or traversing stairs between public areas and rooms. Visitors to Namibia are encouraged to consult with their healthcare providers regarding malaria prophylaxis. We suggest you check with your healthcare provider before signing up for this tour. During this tour, you may come into proximity to wild animals, which should be considered at your own risk. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
"More of the World for Less!"
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
1300 653 618
Gate 1 Travel Australia itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is about a ten minute drive away from the city center of Kempton Park.Hotel Details
This first class lodge is located in the Namib Desert.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the city of Swakopmund.Hotel Details
This tourist class lodge is situated in the in the Huab valley.Hotel Details
This first class lodge has wonderful views of the African bush.Hotel Details
This first class lodge is a short drive away from Etosha National Park.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
It was wonderful! What a surprise Uganda was. The gorilla tracking was harder than I expected (and I am pretty athletic) but I survived.Ella S. Treasure Island, FL
I loved Namibia! Belinda shared her love for her country. The country is beautiful, new looks around every corner. Keegan our driver handled all the bumps with ease and there were lots of bumps on the roads. I would recommend this trip to anyone who wants to see a beautiful unspoiled country.Susan W. Outlook, WA
Our trip was fantastic, everything went smoothly, all of the connections, transfers, etc. were perfect. I cannot say enough positive things about Gate 1 and the travel guides for both tours. We are looking forward to our next tour and will be contacting you sometime early next year.Thomas L. Florence, SC
We had such a wonderful experience on the Kenya Tanzania Safari ... Especially I want to extol the wonders and praises of our driver guides ... All the while they are safely and carefully negotiating the rutted roads in the conservation areas and national parks ... noticing all those subtle signs that indicate wildlife that my eyes would never see. They have so much knowledge and understanding of the animals, the vegetation, the ecosystems, the interactions between animals! I especially commend Yusuf in Kenya and Nurdin Mohammed in Tanzania. Not only do they know the biology and zoology, they are completely conscientious about all of us as passengers and clients ... I want to make sure the company understands what treasures the driver/guides are and how important they are to your customers’ feeling of safety and comfort, but also they obviously enjoy the natural environment and the thrill of showing us these wonders of nature in their homeland. And as we drove through the villages and towns they were able to explain much about the local customs and people. This wonderful experience was made even more wonderful because of Yusuf and Nurdin!Janell L. Nashville, TN
Kenya and Zanzibar were spectacular! It was a great way to relax after the many amazing game drives through Kenya. Our guide, Daniel, was friendly, funny and knowledgeable. He explained the culture of Kenyans, the landscape of Kenya along with the habits and habitats of the many animals during the game drives. The itinerary was well planned (time/place), the Land Cruisers were perfect for the drives, the hotels and the "tent hotels" and food was excellent. Zanzibar is an idyllic island with its own history and culture, a learning experience. I would highly recommend this trip, but wait for the direct flights into Nairobi.Constance I. Brooklyn, NY
Hi Caitlin, Our Adventure to Uganda was awesome! Thank you!! We had a great time, everything went really well. Visiting gorillas in the rainforests of Bwindi was of course THE highlight of the trip. We saw chimps as well in their forests and that was thrilling! Our guides Morris and Jonah were exceptional, they took such good care of all of us. Thank you again Gate 1 for an another amazing trip!!! Looking forward to another destination with you guys!!!Larry K. Westmount, QC, CA
Our trip was fantastic - much better than we ever imagined. Our tour manager Belinda was exceptionally informed and accommodating to all of our needs. Can't wait to take off again.Morris S. Bala Cynwyd, PA
We had a terrific trip. Very well organized and paced, which we have come to expect of Gate 1. Botswana, particularly the Okavanga Delta was a real highlight. We may be back for Namibia.Lois Olcott P. Kennett Sq, PA
Outstanding. Very well organized from beginning to end. Excellent accommodations and facilities. Very personable and efficient guides. Very happy with the overall experience.Fred E. Newton, MA
We are back from Namibia. We had a wonderful trip. The accommodation, the food and the itinerary were very good. Above all, our guide, Belinda was great...she was fun, caring and ready to please. She made the long bus journeys fun. Thanks to Gate 1 for the trip.Nina R. Oro Valley, AZ
I can honestly say that Namibia is my all time favorite trip! It was relaxing, exciting, the hotels were all first class...the food was fabulous.. Our driver Keenan was by far the best driver ever...Our guide Belinda was great...very helpful and mindful of all of her travelers! She took us to 2 unplanned options... 1 was live music at the campsite of one of our lodges which was so much fun! The second was in Windhoek on our return to spend time in the craft market and a city tour! If I had 1 complaint it would be that our "box lunches" consisted of way too much food!Linda G. Bloomsburg, PA